Lemon juice is packed with many nutrients, so it’s not only healthy as a food but can also be used in home remedies to treat numerous skin disorders. It’s easily available and can be used as a viable option over expensive brand-name beauty products.
1. Shine eliminator: Lemon is great for reducing excess oil
2. Skin brightener: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they help brighten and lighten your skin. Vitamin C is a great antioxidant for neutralizing free radicals and for boosting collagen production.
3. Nail strengthener: Make a mixture of your favorite cooking oil with lemon juice and soak your nails. This is a good practice if your nails are dry and brittle, but it’s also a great way to help fix yellow nails.
4. Cleansing wipes: Mix a few drops of lemon and tea tree essential oil in about 6 ounces of distilled water. We recommend it as a toner or as a cleansing wipe for problematic skin.
5. Elbow and knee bleacher: If your elbows and knees look dark, simply rub them with half a lemon. It’s like magic!
6. Clarifying moisturizer: Mix a few drops of coconut water with a few drops of lemon juice. The coconut will hydrate your skin and lemon will brighten it.
7. Lip scrub: Put a little lemon juice on your lips before bedtime and wash it off in the morning to help remove dead skin cells and dried skin.
8. Blackhead treatment: It may sound too good to be true, but because lemons are antibacterial, they can help treat acne. Slice a lemon and squeeze the juice on your face. Your blackheads will start to fade before you know it.
9. Teeth whitener: Mix baking soda and lemon juice and apply the mixture to your teeth with a clean Q-tip. Use your toothbrush to scrub your teeth. It’s way cheaper than going to your dentist.
10. Canker sore treatment: Use a few drops of lemon essential oil on your canker sores to help them heal faster.